Frequently Asked Questions
How much is delivery?
Delivery prices depend on where your posy is being delivered.
Waikanae - $10.00
Otaki - $15.00
Areas outside Kapiti between Palmerston North and Wellington - $20.00
Please call us about Rural deliveries as these are only available on a case by case basis.
I don't want delivery, can I pick up my posy instead?
Yes! Pickups will be available from our store at 22 Raumati Road, Raumati Beach Village.
Just select "pick up" in the shipping options during the checkout process.
Where do you get your flowers from?
We purchase our flowers fresh from the flower auctions in Grenada North before the crack of dawn to bring you the freshest, most premium grade flowers possible.
When possible we also purchase direct from local growers; farm to posy, you can't get fresher than that!
We love supporting local so 99% of the flowers we purchase are sourced from NZ growers. (With the exception of custom orders requesting flowers we don't currently have in season)
Seasonal, fresh & local, what could be better?!
How do I care for my flowers?
There are a few key things to do to ensure you get the most out of your flowers.
1. Make sure your vase is squeaky clean! Bacteria build up is the biggest cause of your flowers dying quickly.
2. Give the stems a trim, about 2-3cm, on an angle and immediately place into tepid water - tepid water absorbs up the stems more effectively and hydrates your flowers faster.
One exception to the tepid water rule is tulips - tepid water will make them open faster, to prolong their life as long as possible, place them in cold water.
3. Make sure there are no leaves below the water level in your vase, leaves in the water start to rot, this causes a bacteria build up, which as we mentioned in tip number 1, is the biggest cause of your flowers dying quickly!
4. Change the water every 2-3 days, and wash the vase out with hot soapy water at every water change - remember to trim the stems again before placing back in the vase of tepid water.
5. If your flowers came with a sachet of flower food, follow the instructions as per packet. If not, a solution of 1tsp sugar and half a tsp of bleach into about 500ml of water will act as the flower food, although it is not absoluely necessary to do this.
6. Keep your flowers out of direct sunlight or hot rooms to help them last as long as possible.
What happens if no one is home when the flowers are delivered.
If no one is home, we will leave the flowers at the front door in as safe and sheltered a spot as possible.
If you do not wish us to leave the flowers unattended please leave a message at the checkout in the 'notes' section to let us know.
Can I order a bunch of flowers outside the standard sizes/prices listed on the website?
Yes! We love custom orders, use the "Contact Us" page, send us an email or call us to discuss your floral needs, we will invoice you for the order and you can pay via credit card, paypal or internet banking.
Do you provide wedding flowers?
We absolutely love creating wedding flowers, and will travel NZ wide for your special day, Visit our "weddings" page to find out more and organise a quote.
Do you provide funeral flowers?
We take care to create with understanding, the design which best honours your loved one.
Contact us today via email Or by using the " contact us" form here to discuss your needs.
Do you do provide event flowers?
We can do anything from small table vases to elaborate hanging installations or anything in between. Enquire today by using the "Contact Us" page or send us an email to discuss your ideas and organise a quote.
What happens if my flowers are delivered to the wrong address?
If in the very unfortunate event that your flowers are delivered to the wrong address by our error, we will of course have a fresh bouquet delivered to the correct address as soon as physically possible with an enormous apology and a size upgrade!
However, if they are delivered to the wrong address due to an incorrect address being supplied to us by the person who ordered them, then we are sorry but we can take no responsibility and it will be up to that person to organise a new arrangement to be delivered at their own cost.
What payment methods do you offer?
We accept Visa and Master card through our Stripe payment portal along with Paypal, Laybuy and online direct bank transfer.
Please note, when using online banking we will not deliver your flowers until we recieve payment or you send us a screenshot of your successful payment.
Where are you located?
We are at 22 Raumati Road, Raumati Beach Village, right next door to Gorgeous Things and Nail Envy.
Come down and check out the gorgeous village, it's worth the visit!